This will be my personal story, but you will realize my point easily from it. Once I finished high school, I didn't know which college should I go to. But, I knew what I was good at, and I also knew what interested me in life. Also, I haven't thought much about earning money later in life, I was rather choosing such college on which I will be able to meet people as I am and to learn more about what interests me. So, I started learning philosophy. How it turned out for me?
1. The best thing that I did in my life was definitely attending that university. I learned so much about what interests me and met so many great people I hang out today too after finishing it.
2. I became a better person and realized many things about people, sociology, pedagogy, and psychology. It helped me a lot to go better through life.
3. It didn't bring me much money, because, of course, it is very hard to find a job after finishing such college.
4. I realized how I don't need to get a job that is related to the university I have gone to, but how I can earn money from my talents and hobbies.
5. So, here I am, writing this article. I am a writer, and that is my best talent since my early ages.
What should you do? Should you go to the college that will pay you off or should you study something you are interested in? If nothing really interests you, then go for the money. But if you are very passionate about something, then go after it. Life is too short to spend it in some other way than you should just because of a high salary.